Thursday, December 10, 2009

Back to School

For MP, this is their first day at school all week.  Not bad.  I wonder how all the kids will get back into learning mode after not being forced to learn for 5 straight days.  I remember coming back from Thanksgiving Break and sitting in the classroom.  I think the first week back was always a blur.  I had trouble focusing.  I forgot what assignments were due, if there was a test coming up or a quiz.  All simply because my mind was not thinking about school for about 5 days straight.  Since I didn't think about it, I lost track of what I needed to accomplish.  Once I was in school each day, I finally got back into the swing of things.

The same principle applies in our spiritual lives.  When you don't communicate with God (Devos/Prayer) throughout the week but only on Sundays or Wednesdays, there is a good chunk of time where you are not thinking the way God wants you to think.  Have there been times where you've felt "far away" from God?  Have you ever asked yourself, "Why does 'so and so' seem to always have a good attitude when things go wrong?"

When you are not in God's Word, you "lose track" of what you need to accomplish.  When you aren't praying, you are relying on yourself to make everything right...and I don't think I have to tell you how that turns out.

When you leave school for a break, you let your mind think about anything BUT school.  When you leave church on Sunday or Wednesday, do you do the same?  Wanting to think about anything but glorifying God or reading the Bible? 

Let me encourage you from Psalm 1:1-2 - "Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the wicked, nor stands in the way of sinners nor sits in the seat of scoffers; but his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night."

Never take a break from thinking biblically.  Never take a break from receiving counsel from godly people.  Never take a break from delighting in God's Word. 

Never take a break from doing what you are supposed to be doing each and every second of your life.

GLORIFYING GOD

...now get back to your studies!!

3 comments:

  1. I just added reftagger...so now you can just put the mouse over a reference and the verse will pop up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah...very cool! ;-) Great post, PM!

    ReplyDelete